Saturday 3 September 2011

The Sevens - Seven b/w In God I Trust (Layola - 1965)

The Sevens were a really hip band from Switzerland during the mid 60s, and they released a handful of really cool 45s and one killer LP.

In my opinion 'In God I Trust' is one of the best 60s beat offerings from Europe, it is a fabulous piece of song-writing craft, I totally dig the minor-key change in the refrain, totally hip idea, the vocals sung in a perverse Jagger-esque manner complete with snotty attitude with added franticness in drums, guitar, bass and organ.... coming across like a better version of The Animals and giving Holland's The Outsiders a run for their money. The Sevens produced a wealth of consistently good material and this in my opinion is the icing on top of the cake for me.

The Sevens were -

Markus Hungerbuehler - Organ
Nando Gasparini - Drums
Pierre Aebischer - Vocals & Rhythm Guitar
Michael Bovay - Bass
Pini Gasparini - Lead Guitar

The Sevens are the best thing to come out of Switzerland aside from Swiss Army Knives, Clock-Making, Albert Hoffman's experiments with LSD and Chocolate.

If you wish to purchase the Sevens LP... please feel free to take a look at my record label; State Records' Ebay store where we have the The Sevens LP available to purchase - TRUST ME it is a piece of  60s beat wonderment, and a totally killer and fantastic LP.


Listen to 'In God I Trust' below, if you have any sense it'll shatter your brain... this song is also on the LP too.


In God I Trust



Dig It!

Paul 

No comments:

Post a Comment